At the heart of Jesus’ teachings is to love and serve one another. At Good Shepherd, there are many ways to serve, both within the church and out into the community. Is there a place where God is calling you to serve?
Sunday Worship Services
Sundays aren’t the sole job of the pastor at Good Shepherd. There are many people who make Sundays a special time of worship, praise, and fellowship.
- Communion preparation
- Preparing the morning coffee and snacks
- Altar Guild
- Assisting minister
- Communion Assistants
- Hospitality Team & Greeters
- Nursery Assistants
- Preparing Altar Flowers
- Clean up crew
Since music is an integral part of worship, Good Shepherd welcomes a variety of musical offerings and opportunities for individuals to share their solo voices and musical instruments to enhance public worship.
The Chancel Choir supports congregational singing of liturgical music and hymns at weekly traditional and several combined worship services throughout the program year (September-May) including Christmas Eve and Holy Week. The choir sings a variety of choral works and is open to adults and teens who have an interest in singing. Rehearsals are held Thursday evenings 7:00-8:30 in the nave.
Crossview has been leading the contemporary Sing and Rejoice worship service at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church for over twenty years. Crossview plays praise and worship songs by current Christian artists as well as original music written by band members. We also offer some traditional favorites in a more modern arrangement. Rehearsals are held Tuesday evenings 7:00-8:30 in the nave.
Good Shepherd offers Christian Education for children and adults. Most classes are lay led and volunteers are essential for a successful program.
In particular, we are looking for Storytellers and anyone who has gifts to share with the youngest members of Good Shepherd. Would you like to help children learn more about the Bible and how to apply it to everyday life? Do you want to make a difference in a child’s faith life? If so, Sunday School is for you! The only qualification is a love for God and a willingness to share that with children.
It takes a lot of people to run a church! There are a lot of behind-the-scenes action that takes place to make things run smoothly each day.
- Congregational Council- the governing body of Good Shepherd
- Property Committee- maintains the physical building and gardens
- Communications- keeps everyone in-the-know
- Hospitality- provides food and drink for various events
- Mutual Ministry- liaison between clergy and congregants
- Worship and Music- make decisions about how services will be conducted
- Social Ministry- uses Gifts of Love funds to provide charity to our community
- Generosity- responsible for overseeing programs within the congregation intended to foster generosity of time, talent, and treasure.
- Youth- oversees the youth group activities
- Education- decides on curriculum and approaches to Christian Education and Sunday School
- Vacation Bible School-
- Emergency Family Shelter
- Youth Meal Packing Event
- Lutheran Disaster Relief
- Annual Yard Sale that raises funds for community efforts
- Caring for individual needs as they arise