Good Shepherd Church was founded as a mission congregation in Frederick in 1953 and began its building on the present site in 1955. It has been a Ministry of the Lutheran Church for more than fifty years. In 1990, it renovated the worship center and gathering area as well as completely air conditioned the facility. See a timeline of our history!
Good Shepherd is a member of theEvangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
We are a part of the Delaware-Maryland Synod.
Office Secretary- Loretta Covert: For more than 25 years, Loretta has blessed our office with a caring voice when you call; a matrix of information and Stephen Ministry Leader.
Organist and Choir Director: Michele Kimmel joined the staff of Good Shepherd as Church Organist in November of 2000. Michele holds a Bachelor of Music degree from Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, PA. She is a member of The Central Maryland Chapter of the American Guild of Organists (AGO) and the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians.
Treasurer- Jean Van Tassell: Jean brings a valuable support to the ministry of Good Shepherd through her work as Congregational Treasurer. She keeps the books balanced and the bills paid and keeps us informed about finances.
Congregational Council and Officers
Ron Disque (President of the Council)
Mike Brady (Vice President of the Council)
Diane Harrison (Secretary of the Council)
Jean Van Tassell (Treasurer)
Diane DeMarco, Diane Harrison, Jan Lounsbury, Karen Stegman, Joe Stone, David Farnsworth, Greg Nails, Todd Crum, Mvuniwa Mtunguja
Email Address: email@example.com | Phone: 301-663-3344 | Contact Webmaster